The City of Perry is located approximately 50 miles southeast
of Tallahassee, the State’s Capitol, and has a population
of approximately 6,824.
Perry, Florida was first called Rosehead and information was unavailable
as to how this name was chosen.
In 1875 it was changed to Perrytown, after Governor Stark Perry.
Later the “town” was dropped and the name became Perry.
The City of Perry is the only incorporated city in Taylor County,
Florida. It was incorporated in 1903 and adopted its City Charter
on May 12, 1981.
The City of Perry operates under a Council-City Manager form
of government. The City Council consists of five members, elected
from single-member districts, by the qualified voters of the city.
Services provided by the City of Perry include police and fire
protection, wastewater and water, natural gas, recreation, community